Random Thoughts by Pam

Here you will find my many random thoughts. Random pictures, random stories, random sayings, whatever I am thinking at the moment when I'm ready to write! Basically, you'll get to hear what's on my mind at any given moment - especially when my husband doesn't want to listen to my rambling!

Saturday, May 07, 2005

First Granny Square completed! 

Many, many, many thanks to Allena for helping me get this granny square right!! You're so awesome!!! What will I do without you??

I started the granny square several days ago and it took several tries to get the first two rounds right, then I finally got rounds 3 & 4 done with some directions from Allena and then it got really tricky (for me)!

So Allena and I sat down at her house Thursday evening and after 2-3 tries, I got round five done! I finished one side of round six while watching Deanna at t-ball practice and while I was making a DVD of Jamie's first t-ball game for Kristy, I finished the rest of round six and went all the way to round ten and completed it! I gather it took several hours to actually complete, but I hope that the rest do faster now that I have it down.

Here's where I got the pattern from: http://www.spatulagraphics.com/krochet/patterns/bdayjwl.html.
Not sure that mine looks exactly like the photo, but it's pretty close!

Eventually, I am going to make a chess board afghan for Richard. So I have 63 more squares to go! I'm making 32 black ones and 32 white ones and will sew them together to look like a chess board once I have them done. I'm sure it'll take several weeks, maybe more than a month to finish. I am just storing the completed granny squares in a huge ziploc bag until I'm ready to piece them together! I'll be sure to post a picture once I'm done!




wow it looks great i think the black really makes the pattern POP!!! you go girl!  


Post a Comment

[Top]